Top Ten Character Driven Novels

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish involving a different list each week. It's a great way to share things with other bloggers.



1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Auggie is one of the most amazing characters ever, and throughout the story his character really grew on me. 

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Although this one is set in WWII it focuses much on characters rather than the plot. I loved Liesel, Max, Rudy, even the narrator: Death and many of the other characters.

3. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
To be honest, I'm still reading this book. Almost done though, so I can safely say that this is more character driven than anything. You see Charlie's transformation, and how desperate he was to become smart like everyone else. Incredible.



    

4. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I really connected with the characters here. I've only read Shiver by this author, apart from this book and didn't really find characters I loved as much.

5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Truly a character driven novel. This is about Mia, her life, her memories, the pain and the love. A bit of a tear jerker, I must admit.

6. All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
About a girl whose voice was stolen. I loved her, and it was amazing seeing her become a stronger character.

7. The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas
Really connected with the characters here, and loved them. A sweet, lovely story about moving on which focuses much on the characters.




8. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This one has a big - happy family with lots of siblings and a really cute romance, nevermind how fast it happened. 

9. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
One of my earlier reads that I enjoyed a lot. It was interesting, getting to know Stargirl who happens to be a rather unique character.

and lastly..

10. Golden by Jessi Kirby
A road trip novel about love and tragedy alike, where I connected with the characters really well.

 Do you have any recommendations for me? 
I love getting book recommendations!
Feel free to link me up to your top ten tuesday post.