10 YA Characters You Need | To Survive a Horror Story

Sunday, November 23, 2014


What if one day you wake and you're stuck in the scariest horror story you know of? Well, if you're anything like me, you'd look to your favorite characters for help. Just in case you actually do get stuck in a horror story (oh, the possibilities), here's a list of 10 YA characters that can help you survive.



1. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass


Doesn't Celaena make it into every list that involves badass characters? I believe she does. If you're stuck in a horror story and need to survive, our lovely girl here could probably put a few thousand ghosts right where they belong. That is, whatever dead people playground they came from.

Unless your horror story involves being stuck in a dead people playground, in which  case Celaena would probably burn the whole place down.

Believe me. You would need her. Badly.


2. Rowan from Throne of Glass (#3)

This bad boy is one of the best bad boys I've met by far. He is not kind. He is vicious, and probably wouldn't hesitate to rip out throats.

Which is why he could help you kill all those clowns and all the beings in your very own freak-show.  The best part? You not only get someone who will pair with Celaena really well in a battle sequence, or do just as well on his own. You get someone who is really good to look at.

After all, all the gore and creeps should make you crave something a little spicy, right? Just don't piss him off.

 You should probably admire him from afar, anyway.

3. Raffe from Penryn & the End of Days (#1)

Well, what can I say? I swear I'm not making this list solely based on my feelings towards hot guys. At least, I'm trying.

Think of all the ways he could save you from bloodsucking monsters. Freaky ghost-vampire crossbreed on the hunt for your brains? Don't make your poor - and assuming you're like me, rarely used - legs for that! 

Raffe could do it all for you. The wingless freaky ghost-vampire can be scary all it wants, but you now have a hot guy with a pair of WINGS. Now you two can fly across the lovely sky painted with blood red.

4. Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices

A high functioning brain? Check.

An equal great ability to kick ass? Check.

A wicked sense of humor? Check.

Equally good looking? Check.

Come to think of it, this guy would probably bring along some books and might even let you borrow them if you're charming enough. Everyone, even someone stuck in a horror story needs a break.

Perhaps, one of those books would turn out to be the right horror story surviving manual you need.


5. Mara from Mara Dyer
Even mentioning the name...
Well, you see. This girl has a...special ability. I'm not revealing anything because it might be spoilery. I'm not sure if it would even be considered a spoiler, but no risks because if I'm not going to act accordingly to my guide to NOT piss off a bookworm, who will?

She can help you just as much as anyone else. As long as you stay on her good side.


6. Aileana Kameron from The Falconer

Aileana is a slayer. A fae slayer. A murderer of supernatural douche-bags who has had her fair share of supernatural experience.

And say, if you face any evil faeries on your journey to survival she can kill them nicely. One less thing to worry about.


7. Meda from Soul Eaters

I swear Meda ends up in about half of the lists I make. I do idolize her a bit,

The name of the series "soul eaters" speaks volumes about why you would need Meda. She is a soul eater.

Do ghosts and 'em horror story materials even have souls? You are probably wondering so.

Well my answer is, who cares?

Okay fine, fine. You do. But hey..I promise her brain is more than enough.


8. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games

Well, she went through a very rough trilogy.



I'm sure she can deal with a rough horror story too.

She would also risk her own life for yours as long as you're being a nice guy. If you befriend her, then you've found someone who wouldn't rest until you are safe.

9. Allison Sekemoto from Blood of Eden
She's someone who learnt how to survive. And she can teach  you how to survive.

Vampires, and creepy vampires, she's met all of them and killed half.

She has experience, my dear friend. And a lot of power on her side, so you better make sure she is on your side.


10. Lola from Anna and the French Kiss (#2)

WHAT DOES SHE EVEN HAVE TO DO WITH THIS LIST? You scream at me.



I have no idea what's wrong with me, but I'm thinking that Lola, a sweet girl who lives a rather normal life without the addition of vampires, ghosts, etc. could be of great help to you.

First of all, you would get a friend out of her!

Someone who is more...realistic to be with when it feels like someone is pulling a  big (creepy) joke on your sorry self.

Believe me. With Lola, there's less chance you'll die simply because the horror story convinced you that you're already dead. She's so...lively.


So that's it! That's MY list of characters you would need to survive a horror story.
How many do you agree with?
Are there any other characters you would like to add?