Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession

Tuesday, July 14, 2015


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is  Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession. Most of these books are the books I got for my birthday back in May, some I got myself. So here we go.






1. A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas


This has been one of my most anticipated books of 2015, and it did not disappoint me. Sarah's writing was as beautiful as always, and though the plot was a little bit dragging at some times I enjoyed it very much.



2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Fact about me: I don't like horses. I never did. I wasn't one of those girls who had a school bag with ponies on them and watched movies about horse riding. It doesn't even have a particular reason. I just don't get along with them. 
So whenever I saw The Scorpio Races, I dismissed it, though a part of my brain screamed: 'Go for it! It's Maggie Stiefvater!' 
Then one day I decided to put in on my wish list, and my friends got it for me. After hesitating for another few weeks I finally picked it up.
And while I did enjoy Maggie's writing and the story line, the characters were quite undeveloped and flat. And I still don't get the thing for horses. 



3. Half Bad by Sally Green

This is one of those books I started with knowing nothing about it and having no high expectations. I haven't read a single review on it, I just put it on my wish list because a) the cover is pretty and b) witches.
So I was really surprised by how good this book actually was. I loved Sally Green's writing and how she switched from first to second person. The world-building was amazing and the characters felt so real.
Half Bad turned out as one of my favourite books I've read in 2015.




4. Half Wilf by Sally Green

... so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that I ordered the sequel as soon as I had finished Half Bad. And let me tell you: Half Wild was a hell of a sequel. Character development: check. Intriguing story line: check. Cute friendship between two guys: check. 




5. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

The first book, To All The Boys I've Loved Before, had been one of my favourite contemporaries ever, because of Peter Kavinsky. He was such a cute and charming guy, and I loved his relationship with Lara Jean. 
But in the sequel I felt like their chemistry went from 100 to 0. While there were definitely some cute moments, I was left underwhelmed and in the end quite disappointed. 
I still enjoyed the family aspect in the book tough, Kitty rocks!




6. The Wrath And The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Do you want to get your heart broken by a beautiful A Thousand And One Nights retelling? Then I recommend you to pick this book up.
While I still have some mixed feelings about this one, I couldn't help but love the story. Though some characters need some more development.
Plus, thumbs up for diversity in YA books!





7. Uprooted by Naomi Novik

A really magical and fairytale like novel. Amazing world-building, well-developed characters, compelling writing with beautiful descriptions and creative story line. 
It was pretty damn perfect and I really wish it would have been at least one chapter longer. 




8. Red Rising by Pierce Brown


Confession: I've wanted to read this book since the YA hottest author article came out. I mean, yes, Pierce Brown is attractive, but I wanted to know if this beautiful face can actually write books.
And well, he can. Bloody damn amazing. Red Rising just blew me away.
So if you're looking for a good YA dystopia, definitely check this out.






9. The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness


This is one of those books everyone seems to love and recommend, but I just never got to read it. And I still haven't, though it's lying on my shelf, looking pretty and starring at me. 
I hereby promise to read it this summer, and hopefully love it.






10. The Hero Of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

I've read the first two books in the Mistborn series this year, and I loved them. The Final Empire is one of my all-time-favourites. 

And being completely honest, I don't want to read the last book, because I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. I've gotten so attached to the characters, I don't know how to let them go. But one day I will pick this up, and I will read the hell out of it and I will probably cry rivers.






description Maggi is currently eating way too much chocolate and deciding if she should continue with The Heart Of Betrayal or watch some more Breaking Bad. She's really bad at making wise decisions.


Twitter Goodreads | Tumblr